Dane Creek Capital Corp. is proud to support the professional advancement of women in the pet industry and in the field of investment. Our team and portfolio is defined by our equal opportunity approach and the talented and motivated women who contribute to our success. In support of our beliefs, we aspire to:
- A capital allocation strategy with a goal of investing better than 50% of monies in businesses where the founder(s) and/or principal(s) are female. To date, we have exceeded that target and continue to look for opportunities to sustain our investment goal.
- A hiring strategy with a goal of having qualified women represent better than 50% of executive leadership at both the Dane Creek and operating company levels of our business.
- Building out our investment team so as to give women a deciding voice in our M&A activities, a field where women have traditionally been underrepresented. (If you are a women interested in working on our M&A team please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Fostering a supportive environment through our “Women of DCCC” initiative, including quarterly meet-ups, professional development opportunities, and mentorship.
- Hosting an annual 1-day conference, leveraging our network of successful women in business, to connect inspirational and accomplished professional women with our own female talent and other women within the pet industry, with our inaugural event taking place in Q3-2019.
Our accomplishments include:
- 69% of aggregate funds invested to date have been allocated to businesses with at least one female owner and/or principal operator;
- 60% of our portfolio companies currently have female executives in their top leadership roles;
- 33% of Dane Creek’s M&A team is female;
- 40% of Dane Creek’s senior management team is female.